If a user types an hour into an input generated by <liferay-ui:input-time>, without specifying the minutes, the input will insert the current minutes into the hour.
Steps to reproduce
- go to the aui-timepicker demo
- Click in first field under "Input Text"
- Delete the value
- Observe the current hour and minutes (that is, look at the clock of your machine)
- Type "7 AM" into it
- Click out of the input field
- Click back into the input field
The content would be replaced by "07:00 AM"
The content is replaced by "07:<XY> AM", where "<XY>" are the current minutes.
If the time observed at step #4 is, let us say, 3:47 PM, then the value displayed in the input will be "07:47 AM"