The CSS classes 'calendar-portlet-event-approved', 'calendar-portlet-event-maybe' and 'calendar-portlet-event-pending' will not be applied for scheduler events if they span across multiple lines in the scheduler view.
The node for the part of the scheduler event appearing in the second line is a so-called padding node, which will receive only the CSS classes which are belonging to the aui-scheduler AUI component, however the three calendar-portlet-event-* status classes are belonging to the Calendar portlet.
Steps to reproduce
1) Install the Calendar portlet
2) Log into the portal with the liferay admin account.
3) Add the Calendar portlet to any page.
4) Create a new calendar event with the following settings:
start date: 12/07/2014
start time: 11:30 PM
end date: 12/08/2014
end time: 12:30 AM
repeat for 10 occurrences (daily)
6) Select Month View
7) Assess that every event occurrence is represented by a bend which spans across every 2 consecutive days. Where there is a line-break (new week) the event is is split in two: a bend in the last day of the week, and a bend in the first day of the week. These two bends represent the same overnight event. However, if you inspect the html code for each of them, you can see a difference: the first one has the CSS class calendaer-portlet-event-approved, the second does not. Also, all the bends spanning two days have this class.
Actually, you can also simply verify by creating a single event which spans over more than one week, so that in month view it will be represented by more than one stripe (html node).