1. Clone the Liferay Blade Samples project:
git clone https://github.com/liferay/liferay-blade-samples.git
2. Add the resteasy-jaxrs dependency to the maven/apps/jsp-war-portlet/pom.xml:
Note: the customer is actually using resteasy-multipart-provider with the same version, but resteasy-jaxrs is a transitive dependency of resteasy-multipart-provider and is the dependency that is actually causing the issue.
3. Build the full maven/ project:
4. Add the Blade basic-api artifact to Liferay's modules:
5. Deploy the JSP war portlet:
Result: the following error will appear in the logs:
and I could not find the portlet on the UI.
Expected: the exception will not appear in the logs, and the portlet can be found and placed on a page.
Whatever causes this error was first introduced in version 3.0.20.Final of resteasy-jaxrs. Version 3.0.19.Final does not produce this error.
basic-api.jar and jsp-war-portlet is attached.