Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Product Information Management
Epic Name:Import/Export Products
Main Core Job:Sell - Place Orders
Secondary Core Job(s):Orchestrate - Extend Platform Capabilities
The goal of this ticket is to create a layer which will be the consumer the Batch Feature: COMMERCE-1084
It allows the end user to upload the data file (Excel, CSV) which has all the information (operation) and it converts to a file that the Batch Processor can understand and process at the end.
This will be implemented per section in Commerce.
- Allow the user to upload the Excel, CSV file which contains the information in an agreed form (contains all the necessary info to be able to batch process it)
- Simple UI for now, Upload a File and Listing them 1.jpg
- Have a process button which will start processing the Selected file [Next]
- Have a mapping UI 2.jpg
- It enables the user to do the manual mapping from the Excel columns between and the fixed Catalog attributes
- The labels on 2.jpg are the fixed Catalog attributes
- The dropdown UI components contain the Excel first columns - Headers
- This features developer who knows the internal representation of the Product model -> (ProductDTO that can be consumed by the Batch framework) needs to convert the Excel data to Json DTO that a ProductItemReader / ProductItemWriter can understand.
- Preview data from the 2nd row based on the mapping from the previous step 3.jpg
- In the back-end it will generate a batch file if it succeeds sends it to the Batch Processor wait for its result and shows the status 4.jpg. (Similarly as we do when someone places a `.batch` file in the hot deploy folder)