Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: GoogleMerchant
In GMC, a feed can be applied to multiple countries of sale and languages. We can use Supplemental feeds to supply attributes in different languages.
1. Country of Sale: US, Language: English
2. Country of Sale: US, Language: Spanish
3. Country of Sale: Italy, Language: English
In Liferay, a site can be configured to support these different locales.
Use this configuration to generate XML for a Site Channel in different languages and for different countries. The XML must contain information in the correct language. For MVP, we will not convert the prices and currencies. We will instead use the configured currency in the Commerce channel for all translations and rely on Google's Currency Conversion tool to convert the prices.
Steps to test:
- Create a Commerce site using an accelerator.
- Configure the site to use multiple locales.
- Generate XML for commerce channel in en_US. The resulting XML should contain all of the products because by default, they are added with en_US locale.
- Generate XML for commerce channel in one of the current site locales. The resulting XML should not contain any products because they are not translated to the specified locale.
- Add or update a product to provide the translation to one of the current site locales.
- Generate XML for commerce channel in the locale from step 5. The resulting XML should contain the product added/updated in step 5 because it contains information for the specified locale.
Sample generated XML: