LPS-109674, we can now add Categorization to Products, However, you can only add Categories, and not Tags.
Steps to reproduce
1. Deploy Commerce and its license to Liferay 7.2 You may need to install dxp-2 and hotfix-1002-7210.
The hotfix can be found at http://files.liferay.com/private/ee/fix-packs/7.2.10/hotfix/liferay-hotfix-1002-7210.zip
We're going to try to categorize Commerce Products as noted in https://learn.liferay.com/commerce-2.x/managing-a-catalog/creating-and-managing-products/organizing-your-catalog-with-product-categories.html#creating-categories
2. Start up Liferay
3. Go to Control Panel -> Sites -> Global. Click on it so that you're now viewing this.
4. Go under Global (Site menu) -> Categorization.
5. Click on Categories, create a Vocabulary, then create a Category
6. Click on Tags, and create a Tag.
7. Go to Control Panel -> Commerce -> Catalog
8. Click on + to create a Catalog
9. Go to Commerce -> Products
10. Click on + -> Simple to create a Product
11. While still in the Product you just created, click on the Categorization Tab
Result: You will only see the option to add Categories, and not Tags. This contradicts the screenshot seen right after https://learn.liferay.com/commerce-2.x/managing-a-catalog/creating-and-managing-products/organizing-your-catalog-with-product-categories.html#managing-product-categories
Expected: You can also add Tags.