- At least one catalog
- A storefront that's configured to display products and have a cart
- Create a new product
- Set the SKU to a unique SKU (so it doesn't share SKUs with a different product)
- Leave the SKU's inventory at 0
- Go to the Configuration tab and assert that the backorder setting is set to true by default for this newly created product
- Publish the product
- Find it in the storefront
- Try to add it to your cart
Units of the product can be added to the user's cart because backordering is allowed
Units of the product can't be added to the cart. Notification says that inventory is not available.
- Edit the product
- Set backorder to false. Publish
- Edit the product. Set backorder to true. Publish
- Try again
- Reproduced on 7.1. Haven't tested on 7.2.