Currently, Commerce Countries can be filtered to certain channels. When a Commerce Country is filtered to channels, that means the Country will only be selectable by buyers in the channels that the admin selects. E.g., if the admin sets on the country Italy Channel Filtering to True and selects Channel A but not Channel B, buyers in Channel A will be able to select Italy as their country but buyers in Channel B will not.
There are two issues with this setup, though:
- Conceptually, it makes more sense to have the Country restrictions on the channel level, since it's where we put payment restrictions and shipping restrictions.
- As a matter of consistency and ease of use, it makes more sense to make this a restriction instead of the current logic where we're using a filtering concept.
This will make it easier for an admin to manage all the restrictions in a single place instead of having to go into each country detail and manage it there.
- Revise the mocks so that country restrictions can be set
- By default, no restrictions are set
- An admin can set a restriction for a country and channel combination. When they do, it tells the system that the country is not available for that channel
- The UI of this should follow the same pattern as the Shipping Restrictions and Payments Restrictions.
- Add these country restrictions to the Channel detail settings
- Add help text or an alert or a short description to help users understand how this setting works (see COMMERCE-3854)
Functionality needs to move from here to the Channel settings mocks