COMMERCE-4565 for context.
As we are moving the Commerce administrative sections from the Control Panel to the Application menu and the Application Menu is different in 7.3 than it was in 7.0 - 7.2, we should audit our organization of the Commerce menu items to ensure our organization still makes sense.
- Evaluate the different options we have for organizing the administrative sections of the Commerce product. Some options I can see are:
- Currently, all level 2 items are under a single category named "Commerce." We can potentially break them into more level 1 categories.
- Currently, we have 3 levels of navigation, e.g. 1. Commerce, 2. Pricing, 3. Price Lists. We could flatten the organization so it's only two levels, e.g. 1. Pricing, 2. Price Lists.
- We could even move Commerce menu items to a new menu, outside the "Applications" menu and "Control Panel" menus, so it is distinct and separate from the other Global applications.
- After evaluating all the viable options, choose the best option for 7.3 which will make it easy for administrative users and operators to navigate the product.
- The current menu design in 7.3 is not final. I believe they are still making some last minute changes. Angelo Youn can provide more details on what's changing.
- Here's a diagram with our information architecture as of 7.2: https://whimsical.com/WYxVHErAFjErdSBao7NJ4j
- For the purposes of being able to effectively communicate about the proposal, let's use the following numbers to refer to each level of the new application/commerce menu:
Level 1: Applications, Control Panel
Level 2: Content, Accounts, Publications, etc.
Level 3: Asset Libraries, Content Dashboard, Accounts, etc.
Level 4 (not pictured): Workflows, Configuration (under Process Builder)