1. Start Liferay Portal 7.0.2 CE GA3
2. Sign-in to the portal
3. Copy com.liferay.faces.demo.portal.showcase.portlet-3.0.0.war to $LIFERAY_HOME/deploy
4. Add the Portal Showcase portlet to a portal page and reload the page
5. Click on Input -> portal:captcha -> General
6. Enter a correct value for the captcha and click Submit
7. Click the Submit button again
Since the default value of the captcha.max.challenges property is 1 and a correct value has been entered one time, the user is considered to be trusted. The captcha image should therefore not be presented again, and there should not be any validation failure messages.
Even though the captcha image is not presented again, a validation failure message is displayed indicating "Value is Required"