Create a project (and a portlet) as follows:
right click -> New -> Liferay Plugin Project
- Project Name: inventory
- leave default location checked
- Build Type: Ant
- Plugins SDK: liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2.0
- Liferay runtime: liferay-portal-6.2.0-ga1-jsf-2.1_tomcat-7.0.42
- Select the plugin type: Portlet
- Select the portlet framework: JSF 2.x
- JSF Component Suite: Liferay Faces Alloy
create another portlet as follows:
right click -> New -> Liferay JSF Portlet
- change Portlet class from "org.portletfaces.bridge.GenericFacesPortlet" to "javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet" ... grr (see
- Name: "parts"
- Display Name: Parts Portlet
- Title: Parts Portlet
- change to use XHTML folder: "/views/parts"
the view.xhtml file generated from both wizards should look almost identical (except for the portlet name which will be in the "hello-world" key for the i18n message in the body.
The names spaces are correct for the new Liferay Plugin Project portlet, but are incorrectly generated by the new Liferay JSF portlet wizard.
The incorrect portlet view.xhtml contains:
The correct xhtml should include the following namespaces:
Also, if primefaces, richfaces, or icefaces was specified, then the following namespaces should be added respectively: