- In portlet.xml Overview, in Custom Portlet Modes, click Customizations.
First, "Portlet Managed" should be change to "Portal Managed".
- Click Add button, add the portlet mode name and select portal managed.
- Show in source, the <portal-managed> tag is set to "false".
- Go to Overview, deselect portal managed.
- Show in source, the <portal-managed> tag is set to "true".
As the default portal managed is "true", this part should be selected when click Add. In Source, the <portal-managed> tag is "true" (or doesn't show this tag). Go to Overview and deselect portal managed, then show in source, <portal-managed> tag will set to "false".