Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: 5.1.0
Fix Version/s: 5.2.0
LEP-5374 doesn't seem to be solved. So here is a possible solution. My solution is only tested with LDAP import where the LDAP login attribute is numeric, eg.g I didn't touch the code fore manual user creation
The refactoring in LEP-6952 make it now easier to implement a new login method I called loginName as opposed to screenName.
- the User_ table is extended with a column loginName of type String.
- the User service gets a new finder method <finder return-type="UserExt" name="LoginName"><finder-column name="loginName"></finder-column> </finder>
- the screen name generator is used for both addUser and updateUser (the fact that it is not used in updateUser is a bug in my opinion)
- screen names are always validated, even if they were auto-generated
- NtlmAutoLogin uses only the screenName for authentication. In issue
LEP-5374a user commented that he had problems with numeric usernames in AD.
If there is any interest in implementing this I can help with patches, otherwise I keep my changes in the EXT invironment.