5.1 EE SP3 (5.1.6), 5.2 EE SP1 (5.2.5)
A new convenience property has been added to portal(-ext).properties to disable Ehcache from using blocking caches.
- Set this to true to allow Ehcache to use blocking caches. This improves
- performance significantly by locking on keys instead of the entire cache.
- The drawback is that threads can hang if the cache is not used properly.
- Make sure that all queries that return a miss also immediately populate
- the cache, or else other threads that are blocked on a query of that same
- key will continue to hang. Reference Ehcache's BlockingCache for more
Setting this property to false is equivalent to setting these three properties
all to false.
- is related to
LPS-5386 Provide one property to disallow ehcache blocking caches from EhcachePortalCacheManager