5.1 EE SP1 (5.1.4)
This improvement adds the ability to create community templates. After a template has been created, new community will have the same pages and portlets as the template.
To create a template:
- Create a PRIVATE community with the name DEFAULT_TEMPLATE
- Activate STAGING for the community
- Add pages and portlets to the community
The next community you create will have the same layouts and portlet as the DEFAULT_TEMPLATE. Changing the layouts in the template community will only impact new communities. Existing communities will not receive the changes.
Different templates can also be used for open, restricted, and private communities. Repeat the the steps above but replace DEFAULT_TEMPLATE with OPEN_TEMPLATE, PRIVATE_TEMPLATE, and RESTRICTED_TEMPLATE communities. The rules is as follows:
1. If community is open, templates pages from OPEN_TEMPLATE will be used
2. If community is restricted, template pages from RESTRICTED_TEMPLATE will be used
3. If community is private, template pages from PRIVATE_TEMPLATE will be used
4. If the template for the associated community type is not found, the DEFAULT_TEMPLATE will be used.
5. If there are no templates, then nothing is done.
- is related to
LPS-3244 Add ability to create community templates