Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Setup Wizard should ask for company timezone and setup it in company.default.time.zone property, in the same way we ask the company locale or name.
Customers get confused as Liferay is configured by default with UTC and they usually end configuring it at JVM level (see
Asking this information in setup wizard will make things easier.
Steps to reproduce
- Start a clean Liferay without portal-ext.properties configuration
- Setup Wizard will be displayed
- Configure timezone to "Pacific Time" and Finish configuration
- : you are able to setup timezone in Setup Wizard and it is saved to company.default.time.zone property in portal-setup-wizard.properties file.
- : you cannot configure timezone in Setup Wizard and company.default.time.zone is missing in portal-setup-wizard.properties file.