Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: ~[Archived] Widget configuration
Utilizing the portlet property for embedded portlets:
does not work as the database always stores the portlet preferences at the layout level rather than the company level.
1. Start Liferay.
2. Deploy attached youtube.jar.
3. Deploy attached classic-theme.war.
4. Confirm you have an embedded youtube portlet.
5. Go to Configuration->Setup->Change "Watch this video at Youtube.com" to YES
6. Query your database with the following:
The entry with ownerType = 1 and plid = 0 for com_liferay_youtube_web_portlet_YoutubePortlet would have its preferences column value updated.
The entry with ownerType = 3 and plid = 0 for com_liferay_youtube_web_portlet_YoutubePortlet would have its preferences column value updated.