Affects Version/s: 7.0.0 DXP FP64, 7.2.10 DXP GA1
Fix Version/s: Master
It seems to be the case that adding a web content template with invalid HTML that is containing tags that are not closed is causing other portlets to be deleted off the page upon being added.
The issue isn't reproducible when the page doesn't contain the badly written template. I only found this because I wrote bad code myself and a tag for whatever reason wasn't closed.
A) Run DXP 7.2, 7.1 or 7.0 vanilla out of the box
1) Add a web content structure
2) Add a web template using that structure
3) Add the code to the template "<small>this is not closed"
4) Add a page, and three web content widget to the page refresh
5) Assert all web content widgets remain after a refresh
6) Use one of the web content's to add the invalid template
7) Publish the content and refresh the page
8) Add another web content widget, refresh the page
9) Assert the web content widget vanishes
0) Edit the invalid template to close the HTML tag "<small>this is closed</small>", rinse repeat and see the widget remains after a refresh!
Invalid templates either fail to publish or are published but don't interfere with functionality like this.
Not closing a HTML tag in a template is causing other portlets to be removed from the page after a page refresh
See the GIF for a better look. Affects DXP 7.2 as well as 7.0, it's possible this issue was there all along.