- Start a clean bundle of Liferay DXP 7.1 installed with dxp-12 and hotfix-1992.
- Go to Content -> Forms -> Options -> Data Providers and create a new Data provider with the following fields:
- Create a new form with the following field names and field types: Region (Text), Countries - From Autofill (Select from List), Test (Text) and make all the fields required
- Add the following rule to the form: If Region is not empty, Do Autofill from Data Provider: restcountries, region: Region, name: Countries
- Add a forms portlet to a page and add this form
- Type Asia into region, and then select a region from the dropdown and then enter Test in the Test field
- Change the region to Polar, and verify that the Countries drop down automatically clears out and displays no selection
- Submit the form
Expected Results: The select field should be set to the option for Polar (e.g. Antarctica). The user should not be able to submit the form if the selected value has been cleared out and only shows the dropdown icon.
Actual Results: The form does not display the option for Polar, but you can still submit the form.
Not Reproduced - 44069c50e5236df066f705e5d88b04559f7e5883
Reproduced - 700e7d5a4ccdda48211ca305eb4efc090a4dbdd6