Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Themes Infrastructure
If we have a theme, and deploy an update to that theme the CSS is not being updated as the timestamp used in the resource URL is incorrect. The expectation is that the t= timestamp value should update, which should cause the browser to load a new version of the theme's main.css.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Startup a clean Liferay 7.2 environment with fix pack DXP-1 (to ensure we're on the latest codebase)
2. Sign in as firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Deploy portal-theme.war (grab the first version from extract-and-deploy-first.zip) and wait for the deployment to complete
4. Change the Welcome Page's theme to use portal-theme, then refresh the page itself, and check the main.css URL in the browser console: for /o/portal-theme/css/main.css
5. Make note of the timestamp portion as it will be used later.
6. Wait a few minutes, and deploy portal-theme.war (use the updated one in extract-and-deploy-later.zip) and wait for the deployment to complete
7. Refresh the page, and check the main.css URL in the browser console: for /o/portal-theme/css/main.css
Assert that the timestamp portion of the URL is the exact same value as the one from portal-theme (1.0.3)
portal-theme should have an updated timestamp since we waited a few minutes to deploy the updated theme (1.0.4).
7.2 + DXP-1
Master private Commit: 134a7024145d7b051239869fce69b2a46d4c2fb0
7.2.x private Commit: 56bc208f4561e5a0319db6d9633967cfaf3dd416