For a while now, module sin liferay-portal have used Sass as their CSS pre-processor of choice.
This is achieved via
and integrated via Gradle in BuildCSSTask
At the same time, most of the rest of frontend build process is controlled by the liferay-npm-scripts package.
- Provide out of the box support for Sass compilation from liferay-npm-scripts
- Update sass build processes to use a JS-based solution like Dart Sass
- Provide RTL conversion support from liferay-npm-scripts
- Update liferay-portal build process to use the new processes
- Deprecate the legacy Java tasks and classes