Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Content Display Widgets > Asset Publisher widget
Asset Publisher portlet configuration allows to specify the number of items to display through the "Number of Items to Display" parameter.
This parameter behaves differently depending on whether the pagination is enabled (Regular or Simple) or disabled (None) through the "Pagination Type" parameter.
From its tooltip: "Maximum number of items to display if pagination is disabled, otherwise number of items to display per page."
Even if the displayed items is less that the specified items per page, pagination is displayed.
Steps to reproduce
1. Place an Asset Publisher portlet on the home page
2. Click the Asset Publisher > option menu > Configuration
3. Set 「Number of Items to Display」 to 20
4. Set 「Pagination Type」 to Regular
5. Create 5 web content articles (total content: 5)
6. Note that AP is displaying those 5 items, with no pagination displayed (as there is only one page anyways)
7. Create 10 more web content articles (new total: 15)
8. Note that AP is now displaying those 15 items as well as the pagination
9. Note that the pagination is useless as there's nothing we can do with it, because there's only one page
10. Create 10 more web content articles (new total: 25)
11. Note that AP is now displaying 20 items as well as the pagination
12. Note we can go to next page to display the remaining items
Pagination is not displayed when there's only 5 or less items but displayed when there's 6 or more, even though there's only one page.
- Pagination is not displayed if less or equal than "Number of Items to Display" value