Affects Version/s: 7.1.X
- Start a clean bundle of Liferay DXP 7.1 installed with dxp-13 and hotfix-2521.
- Go to Content -> Forms -> Options -> Data Providers and create a new Data provider with the following fields:
- Create a new form with the following field names and field types: Region (Text), Countries - From Autofill (Select from List), and make all the fields required
- Add the following rule to the form: If Region is not empty, Do Autofill from Data Provider: restcountries, region: Region, name: Countries
- Add a forms portlet to a page and add this form
- Type polar into region, and verify that Antarctica automatically populates
- Select "Choose an Option" in the Countries line
- Submit the form
Expected Results: The form should not submit as "Choose an Option" is not a valid choice
Actual Results: The form submits, and the last selected option (Antarctica) is submitted as the value for "Choose an Option"
Not Reproduced - 8b302b735b6ad41a2613fe502dab0e86834daa98
Reproduced - 4a6a341c15ef78a38cb3efbf2c8381a13c383ee4