Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
- Start the latest master bundle
- Create a site named "testsite"
- Activate local staging, with "Widget Templates" (or "ADT") checked
- In staging, create a "Media Gallery" widget template called "MGTemplate"
- Create a page called "testpage"
- Add a Media Gallery portlet on it
- Configure the portlet to use "MGTemplate"
- Do a full publication in "Publishing" ==> "Staging" (check "Widget Templates" as well)
- Check the database:
You should see 2 records, one of them is for staging and the other one is the live version of the Media Gallery portlet. Check the XMLs "preferences" columns:
Expected: the live record has a "displayStyleGroupId" attribute referring to the live groupId
Actual: the live record has a "displayStyleGroupId" attribute referring to the staging groupId
This is mostly causing problem in remote live, since the staging group and the template is not available on that instance.
In local staging, it seems like it's working correctly on the UI, but the live site is actually using the template in staging, which is wrong.