Type: Feature Request
Status: Needs More Information
Affects Version/s: 188.8.131.52 DXP SP1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Pages > Page Editor
In Section Builder, We want the ability to configure the padding top, left, right and bottom side for each breakpoints.
- Login as Administrator (Username : firstname.lastname@example.org, Password : test)
- Open Site Builder -> Pages
- Click Add button
- Create new Content Page, populate page name (arbital), and click Add button
- See the right bar where there are several buttons, click Section Builder
- Once Section Builder is shown, Click Basic Components
- Select Button component, then Drag it to the Page
- Open Layouts panel, select Single Column Layout, and Drag it to the Page
- Again, select Button component, then Drag it inside the Single Column Layout
Both Button component is wrapped by <section> tag.
As a developer, wants to have the Options choose if it's <section> or <div>.
Use Case for Improvement:
From Semantic Web standpoint, a section need to have a title. However, it's not always the case to build a page. For example, a component of customer logos for a corporate site. A developer may just want to wrap the markup with div tags, not section tag as it does not need a title.
I do not fully understand the philosophy of Content Page correctly. This suggestion may be irreverent. If that is the case, please let me know what is the intended design (best practice) for that case.