We are working on building core portal apps without using Marketplace. Known implications for core apps in the new build process:
- icons will no longer be uploaded to MP
- liferay-marketplace.properties will not exist
liferay-marketplace.properties can be found in app lpkgs in any packaged (released) build. Here is an example of code in that file that is currently used by App Manager:
- Is this something that should be addressed?
- If yes, what is the approximate level of effort? (a few hours, a few days, a few weeks?)
- What is the priority of this task vs. other team priorities?
- Do we need to display app icons in App Manager, or are we ok with just displaying a default icon?
- Can the App Manager look for the icons somewhere else? Or would new development be required for this?
- Can we create a low-effort/hacky workaround?
This is meant to be a short investigative spike so it can be completed quickly. The goal is simply to present some options, not to work out a detailed solution.