Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Summary: When publishing a custom workflow definition, Liferay doesn't display the underlying cause of the workflow error(s).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to "Control Panel > Configuration > Server Administration > Log Levels > Add Category"
2. Add value "com.liferay.portal.workflow" in "Logger Name" field.
3. Select value "ALL" for "Log Level" - Click "Save"
4. Go to "Control Panel > Configuration > Workflow"
5. Click plus sign button to add a new workflow definition and enter a name.
6. Click on "Source" tab > Copy and paste contents of sample workflow definition file "pws-site-single-approver-workflow-definition.xml"
7. Click on "Publish" button.
Error: An error occurred in the workflow engine.
A message with more details of the error should be displayed, so the developers could better identify the problem