- Go to Control Panel > Configuration > System Settings > Web Content > SYSTEM SCOPE > Administration > Template Language Types.
- Add a new template language, besides Freemarker, for example, Velocity. Use the '+' button to add a new field.
- Create a new web content template in Freemarker.
- Edit the template from the previous step and try to adapt it to Velocity.
Expected: I can modify the template's code to adapt it to the Velocity language and I can also tell Liferay that the new language is Velocity rather than Freemarker.
Observed: I can modify the template's code to adapt it to the Velocity language but I cannot tell Liferay that Velocity is the new Language.
- The role of Freemarker and Velocity in these steps could be interchanged.
- These can also affect users coming from older versions of Liferay having templates in Velocity but finding imposible to adapt them to Freemarker.