Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: User Management > Users & Organizations
Branch Version/s:7.2.x, 7.1.x
Backported to Branch:Committed
Sprint:U&SM| S03 Sprint12|11.26-12.10, U&SM| S03 Sprint13| 12.10-1.7, U&SM| S03 Sprint14| 1.7-1.21
Git Pull Request:
Organization Search has inconsistencies that need to be addressed and improved.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an organization called "test organization".
2. Create another organization called "sub organization" and make the parent "test organization".
3. Create two users "Jason" and "Bourne".
4. Assign both users to the "test organization".
5. Make Jason the Organization Admin of "test organization".
6. Log in as Jason and go to My Organizations.
Expected Result 1: A flat view of "test organization" and all its sub organizations including "sub organization" should be listed.
Actual Result 1: Only "test organization is displayed"
7. Search for "organization" in the search bar of My Organizations.
Expected Result 2: A flat view of "test organization" and all its sub organizations including "sub organization" should be listed.
Actual Result 2: Only "test organization is displayed"
reproduced on 71x hash: 3b98e4d622792c1b3fff08e6a6cba1d371ebe907
reproduced on master: 564284ba0c071fc6502995df4f49e875eb82c647
Additional requirements that must be confirmed once fix has been implemented:
1. Log in as Bourne. Recall that Bourne is only an organization member.
2. Go to My Organizations tab.
3. Confirm that only "test organization" is shown and a search for "organization" only shows "test organization" as a result.
1. Create a Regular Role "test role".
2. Give the following permission to the role: Users and Organizations > Organization: View .
3. Create a third organization called "third organization". Do not make it a parent or sub of the other two organizations that we have created before.
4. Assign "test role" to Jason. Note that Jason has the organization role of Organization Admin.
5. Log in as Jason and go to My Organizations.
Checkpoint 1: Confirm that only the root organizations are shown. "test organization" and "third organization".
6. Search for "organization".
Checkpoint 2: Confirm that all three organizations are shown.