As an Operation Manager, I want to bulk transition a workflow instance while analyzing my process metrics, so that I can quickly update the status of several workflow instances at the same time.
Design Acceptance Criteria
Bulk selection of items in the table brings up management bar with bulk action options. These options are automatically displayed without needing to hover. Users can either select the action icon or select the option in the kebab menu.
- 2 step modal windows are large width at 896px with a height of 800px.
- Users are required to select at least one step before proceeding to the next step, 'Next' button should be disabled until one is selected.
- Selecting a Transition per step is required
- Success alert messages
- Multiple Step: The selected steps have transitioned successfully.
- Users can select the 'Add Comment' button which displays the comment box in place of the button. Once it has been selected the button disappears and the field remains.
- When there's more than 10 steps Steps to select from in the first step of the modal, use the pagination component with options of: 5, 10, 15, 20 items.
- When there’s 11 or more instances to be transitioned with the same step, only show first 10 instances. Selecting ‘Show All’ button shows all instances for that step and causes the content of the modal to be scrollable (long scroll) to view everything.
- Selecting ‘Show Less’ hides all other instances except for the initial 10 instances.
- These states are the same for the individual transition step flow.
- Loading states for the modal are shown with a loading spinner and corresponding text (as specified in Figma);
- If there is an unexpected/connection error, the modal displays the specific error state message in banner with a option to retry (as specified on Figma);
- If there is an unexpected error, the modal displays the specific error state message in banner (as specified in Figma);
- If there's an error for submitting/completing the action without selecting a transition, show the error banner and the inline error validation for the transition that hasn't been selected (as specified in Figma);
This story aims to allow users to make bulk transition on Workflow Instances in the Workflow Metrics. This is helpful when there are several instances that needs to be updated at the same time, in the same batch.
To understand more about transition in Workflow Metrics, check the context in
- 1- Given a process built on Liferay Workflow with one or more instances open and registered, when the users is seeing the Instance Listing screen of the Process Workflow Metrics, then the user should be able to choose two or more instance to have their tasks transitioned to the next stage;
- Completed instances should not be available for transitioning.
- 2- Given two or more instances that has one or more open tasks, when the user selects those instances to be bulk transitioned in Workflow Metrics, then the user should be able to select which tasks of the selected instances should be transitioned;
- If there is only one open task among the selected instances, there is no need to prompt the user for the selection of tasks.
- 3- Given that a user is selecting the tasks that should be transitioned, when the user clicks in the steps filter and chooses one or more steps, then the system should show only the tasks that are in the steps chosen in the filter.
- 4- Given that a user is selecting the tasks that should be transitioned, when the user clicks in the assignee filter and chooses one or more assignees, then the system should show only the tasks that has the assignees chosen in the filter.
- 5- Given a task with more than one possible transition available in the Workflow, when the user selects this task to be transitioned in the Workflow Metrics, then all possible transitions for the task should be available for the user to choose;
- The Workflow should transition the selected task to the transition path chosen by the user.
- The users should also be able to insert a comment for the transition action (like when doing it through "My Workflow Tasks").
- 6- Given a Workflow Process configured in liferay, when the user is transitioning instances and tasks of the process through the Workflow Metrics, then transitions through the Workflow Metrics should respect the same limitations, constraints and business rules that exists for transitioning instances though "My Workflow Tasks";
- Users that doesn't have permission to transition a task in the "My Workflow Tasks" also should not be able to transition in the Workflow Metrics.
- 7- Given a several workflow instances with open tasks that are in different stages of the process, when users selects those multiple tasks in different stages of the process to be transitioned in the Workflow Metrics, then the system must group the selected tasks for the stage they are in and show all transition option for each group;
- Users should choose the transition option that he wants for each group;
- Users should be able to transition only of the groups and do not act on the others.
- 8- Given a user transitioning Workflow Tasks in the Workflow Metrics, when the user finishes the process of transitioning one or more tasks in the Workflow Metrics, then users should be informed that the transition occurred successfully;
- If problems occurred, the users should also be notified about the problems.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Verify if the test labels were added;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature