As an Operation Manager, I want to bulk update the due date of a workflow instance while analyzing my process metrics, so that I can quickly update multiple tasks due dates at the same time.
Please view in the Editor mode to see comments/states in the frame name in ( ).
Design Acceptance Criteria
Bulk selection of items in the table brings up management bar with bulk action options. These options are automatically displayed without needing to hover. Users can either select the action icon or select the option in the kebab menu.
- 2 step modal windows are large width at 896px with a height of 800px.
- Users are required to select at least one task, 'Next' button should be disabled until one is selected.
- The current date/time is pre-populated into the Update Task Due Date form as how it is in My Workflow Tasks.
- Success alert messages
- Multiple Tasks: The due dates for these tasks have been updated.
- Date & time pickers
- Date picker should use the updated date picker/calendar component in Lexicon/Clay. Functionality should remain the same in that users can either select with the UI component or enter in a date thru the text input.
- Time picker can remain the same where users will select in a styled dropdown as seen in Figma and users can input the time thru text as it currently works in My Workflow Tasks.
- Loading states for the modal are shown with a loading spinner and corresponding text (as specified in Figma);
- If there is an unexpected/connection error, the modal displays the specific error state message in banner with a option to retry (as specified on Figma);
- If there is an unexpected error, the modal displays the specific error state message in banner (as specified in Figma);
- If there's an error for submitting/completing the action without selecting a transition, show the error banner and the inline error validation for the transition that hasn't been selected (as specified in Figma);
This story aims to allow users to make bulk update due date on Workflow Instances in the Workflow Metrics. This is helpful when there are several instances that needs to be updated at the same time, in the same batch.
To understand more about Update Due Date in Workflow Metrics, check the context in
- 1- Given a process built on Liferay Workflow with one or more instances open and registered, when the users is seeing the Instance Listing screen of the Process Workflow Metrics, then the user should be able to choose two or more instance to update the due date of one or more of its tasks;
- Completed instances should not be available for due date update.
- 2- Given two or more instances with two or more task open, when the user selects to update the due date of those instances in the Workflow Metrics, then the user should be able to select which tasks of the selected instances should be have the due date updated;
- If there is only one open task in the instance, there is no need to prompt the user for the selection of tasks.
- 3- Given that the user selected two or more workflow instance with one or more open tasks to have its due date updated, when the user selects one or more of those tasks and chooses a new due date to be updated, then the new due date selected and comments (if any applied) should be set for all selected tasks;
- If the new due date isn't valid for any of the chosen tasks, the due date of that task should not be updated and the user should be notified.
- 4- Given a Workflow Process configured in Liferay, when the user is updating the due date of a task of the process through the Workflow Metrics, then update due date action through the Workflow Metrics should respect the same limitations, constraints and business rules that exists for updating due date of instances though "My Workflow Tasks";
- Users that doesn't have permission to update the due date of a task in the "My Workflow Tasks" also should not be able to update the due date of a task in the Workflow Metrics.
- 6- Given a user updating the due date of a Workflow Tasks in the Workflow Metrics, when the user finishes the process of updating the due date of one or more tasks in the Workflow Metrics, then users should be informed that the update occurred successfully;
- If problems occurred, the users should also be notified about the problems.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Verify if the test labels were added;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature
|Create an endpoint||Closed|
|[QA] Manual validation - Round 1||Closed|
|[BUG] Workflow Metrics: Users are able to perform actions with pending tasks even without permissions||Closed|
|[QA] Manual validation - Round 2||Closed|