When a localized field is set to the same content as the default field the Web Content Article reports as successfully Saving however when you navigate back to the localized field the content was not changed.
1) Create an article using the basic web content structure
2) Write "Test" in the content field and publish
3) Add a spanish translation and change the content field value to "Test ES" and publish
4) Go back into the article, change the spanish translation to "Test" and publish
5) Open the web content to edit one more time
Expected Result: Spanish translation value is "Test"
Actual Result: Spanish translation value is still "Test ES"