Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, Master
When attempting to publish newly modified portlet permissions to the live site, said permissions are not published. However, when using the "Copy from Live" option, live site permissions are copied into the staging site correctly.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new site and page.
- Add web content display portlet to the page.
- Add content to the web content display portlet.
- Verify an unauthenticated user can view the content on the page.
- Go to Site > Content & Data > Web Content > Info (small "i" icon near search bar) > ellipse > Permissions.
- adjust the permissions so only the Owner role has access (remove guest and user VIEW permission). Save.
- Verify the unauthenticated user can no longer view the content on the page.
- Enable locale live staging.
- On the staging site, go to Site > Content & Data > Web Content > Info (small "i" icon near search bar) > ellipse > Permissions.
- Modify the permissions again, granting access for the guest user to VIEW.
- In the Web Content portlet, click the ellipse at the top of the page and select "Staging".
- Under the "Permissions" area, enable "Publish Permissions". Publish to Live.
Expected Results: The permissions were successfully published, so the unauthenticated user can view the content on the page.
Actual Results: The permissions were not published, so the unauthenticated user cannot view the content on the page.
Reproduced in master: ae69e39b628a47ee4a64eaff6ab69855a7e3a5cf