Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Usually, if you access to the instance virtual host, you will get the configured home page but the friendly URL of this page is not present in the browser URL (see the comments in the step 7 for the property virtual.hosts.default.site.name). This is not the behavior when you use other site as Default Site.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add mytest.com 127.0.0.1 to your /etc/hosts
- Go to instance settings and set mytest.com as virtualhost
- Configure /web/mytest.com/home as Home page of the instance (via Instance Settings)
- Create a new site: mytest.com
- Add two widget pages: One (the first) and Home . Make sure One is the first page of the site.
- Add one asset-publisher (to get a non-cacheable page) and the hello world portlet to each page, edit the hello world message and set the name of the page you are to make easier identify the page.
- Set mytest.com as default site
- Restart the server
- Open http://mytest.com:8080 in a browser
Result => The One page, but not the home page. (or the home page with its friendlyURL in the browser URL http://mytest.com:8080/web/mytest.com/home )
Expected => The configured home page without friendlyURL in the browser URL: http://mytest.com:8080