Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Item Selector
After the used image is updated with a new image, the Image fragment will still render the old image instead.
Steps to reproduce
- Setup Liferay DXP 7.2 + FixPack 3
- Star Liferay
- Navigate to Content & Data > Documents and Media
- Add a any image
- Navigate to Site Builder > Pages
- Add a Content Page
- Navigate to content page added in step 6
- Add a "Image" basic component to the page
- Double click the image component and select "Image Properties"
- Select the image added in step 4
- Inspect the element with browser's developer feature
src tag includes the version. The latest version of the image will not be displayed.
src tag does not include the version. The latest version of the image will always be displayed.
It is possible to edit images in Document and Media and each will have its own version.
If using version-agnostic URL, the latest version will be rendered.
If a version is specified, the proper version will be displayed
With Web Content (structure with image field) or AP, the version is not included.
When using the "Image" fragment in a Content Page, it's src property will include the version.