Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
*Steps to reproduce: *
On 7.2 and above it is needed to allow access to local network:
Control Panel -> Configuration -> System Settings -> Data provider -> check "Access Local Network"
- Open the attached list.json with some text editor which enables you to save it with specific encoding (I used Notepad++). Save the file with "UTF-8 with BOM" encoding. (The file already should use that encoding, but just to be sure)
- Add the list.json file to Documents and Media.
- From the document details, get its URL.
- In Content/Forms, add a new data provider with the URL obtained in step 3 (Displayed JSON Attribute = color and Stored JSON Attribute = value and Type= List)
- Create a new form where you place a "Select from list" field using the data provider created in step 4.
- Place a Form portlet on some portal page and select the Form created in step 5.
Result: the dropdown field is not populated and in the browser's Network and Console tab you will see that the data provider URL is giving HTTP-400 response.
(URL is something like /o/dynamic-data-mapping-data-provider/?ddmDataProviderInstanceId=XXXXXX)
Also note that if the json file is saved with just UTF-8 encoding without BOM, everything works.