It is very common for users to find themselves in need of using the same group of fields in different objects and forms views (e.g. address). Without fieldsets, the users would have to create those same fields over and over for each object, even when all the parameters and configurations are exactly the same for all objects, there is no way to reuse. To solve that, we need to implement the fieldsets, which will offer them a way to save, update and reuse those groups of fields that are commonly used by many of their objects.
This Story aims to give users the option to propagate the deletion of the fields in any Object/View that has a fieldset that is being removed from the database
That being said, according to the scope of this Story, users should be able to:
- When deleting an existing Fieldset, have the option to propagate the fields deletion to any Object/View that is using it the Fieldset that was deleted;
- The user should be prompeted for a confirmation, once this action may cause data loss.
- 1- Given that a user is creating a Form View for an Object and clicked on the "Fieldset" tab of the right sidebar, when a user clicks in the button to delete an existing fieldset and confirms that he wants to proceed with the deletion, then the fieldset should be deleted and the user prompted if he wants to delete those fields also in the Objects/Forms that are using it;
- If yes, the fields of the fieldset should also be removed from the Objects/Forms and they should not be linked anymore (once the fieldset no longer exists) - new behavior to be implemented in this Story.
- If no, the field of the fieldset should be kept in the Object/Forms, but they should not be a link to a fieldset anymore (once the fieldset no longer exists) - default behavior implemented in
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Verify if the test labels were added;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature