As an Operation Manager, I want to transition a multi-task workflow instance while analyzing my process metrics, so that I can have more options to act and solve problems to optimize my operation while analyzing its metrics.
- When there's a single step within an instance, show all transition options in the kebab dropdown menu.
- When there's multiple steps within an instance, show only a single option of 'Transition' and open the two step modal to complete this action.
- Single step modal window has a default fixed with of 600px, height of 340px
- 2 step modal windows are large width at 896px with a height of 800px.
- Users are required to select at least one step before proceeding to the next step, 'Next' button should be disabled until one is selected.
- Selecting a Transition per step is required
- Success alert messages
- Single step: The selected step has transitioned successfully.
- Multiple Step: The selected steps have transitioned successfully.
- Users can select the 'Add Comment' button which displays the comment box in place of the button. Once it has been selected the button disappears and the field remains.
- When there’s 11 or more instances to be transitioned with the same step, only show first 10 instances. Selecting ‘Show All’ button shows all instances for that step and causes the content of the modal to be scrollable (long scroll) to view everything.
Selecting ‘Show Less’ hides all other instances except for the initial 10 instances.
- Loading states for the modal are shown with a loading spinner and corresponding text (as specified in Figma);
- If there is an unexpected/connection error, the modal displays the specific error state message in banner with a option to retry (as specified on Figma);
- If there is an unexpected error, the modal displays the specific error state message in banner (as specified in Figma);
- If there's an error for submitting/completing the action without selecting a transition, show the error banner and the inline error validation for the transition that hasn't been selected (as specified in Figma);
One of the main features of Liferay (and any Workflow Automation tool) is the ability to transition the instances through the stages of the process. During the process building, the user can define which transitions should be available in each stage of the process, as well as its properties (name, if it's the default transition and the following stage).
Today, the transition is only allowed through the "My Workflow Tasks" screen, where users can assign to themselves the available tasks for their roles and mark a task to transition to the next stage.
The goal of this feature is to also allow users to take this action while analyzing the Workflow Metrics of the process. Users should be able to select and transition instances and tasks listed in the list of instances of the Workflow Metrics.
- 1- Given a process built on Liferay Workflow with one or more multi-task instances open and registered, when the users is seeing the Instance Listing screen of the Process Workflow Metrics, then the user should be able to choose an instance to have one or more of its tasks transitioned to the next stage;
- Completed instances should not be available for transitioning.
- 2- Given an instance with two or more task open, when the user selects this instances to be transitioned in Workflow Metrics, then the user should be able to select which tasks of the selected instance should be transitioned;
- If there is only one open task in the instance, there is no need to prompt the user for the selection of tasks.
- 3- Given a task with more than one possible transition available in the Workflow, when the user selects this instance and task to be transitioned in the Workflow Metrics, then all possible transitions for the task should be available for the user to choose;
- The Workflow should transition the selected task to the transition path chosen by the user.
- The users should also be able to insert a comment for the transition action (like when doing it through "My Workflow Tasks").
- 4- Given a Workflow Process configured in liferay, when the user is transitioning a instance and task of the process through the Workflow Metrics, then transitions through the Workflow Metrics should respect the same limitations, constraints and business rules that exists for transitioning instances though "My Workflow Tasks";
- Users that doesn't have permission to transition a task in the "My Workflow Tasks" also should not be able to transition in the Workflow Metrics.
- 5- Given a Workflow instance with two or more open tasks that are in different stages of the process, when users selects multiple tasks in different stages of the process to be transitioned in the Workflow Metrics, then the system must group the selected tasks for the stage they are in and show all transition option for each group;
- Users should choose the transition option that he wants for each group;
- Users should be able to transition only of the groups and do not act on the others.
- 6- Given a user transitioning Workflow Tasks in the Workflow Metrics, when the user finishes the process of transitioning one or more tasks in the Workflow Metrics, then users should be informed that the transition occurred successfully;
- If problems occurred, the users should also be notified about the problems.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Verify if the test labels were added;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature