Affects Version/s: 188.8.131.52 DXP SP1, 7.2.X, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Search Infrastructure
Result Rankings does not follow the "log exceptions only" pattern, so even with logExceptionsOnly="true", killing the search engine and performing a search results in the search widgets becoming temporarily unavailable.
Steps to reproduce:
- Within osgi/configs set logExceptionsOnly="true" within the *ElasticsearchConfiguration.config file
- By default, logExceptionsOnly is already set to true if not configured in the osgi config file. This step is just included to be explicit and to account for cases where that property might have been set to false (e.g. any bundle downloaded from CI)
- The exact name of the config file depends on the version of Elasticsearch you are using
- Deploy the portal-search-tuning-rankings-web module in the bundle
- This module should already be included in DXP bundles built from ant all
- Set up a remote Elasticsearch server to connect to Portal
- Start Portal
- Create any indexable asset
- Shut down the Elasticsearch server
- Perform a search
Expected result: No search results are returned and there are no errors on the page.
Actual result: The search widgets are unavailable and exceptions are thrown in the console.
Workaround: Blacklist the portal-search-tuning-rankings-web module before starting Portal.