Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Master
Sprint:Forms_7.3_19, Forms_7.3_20, Forms_7.3_21, Forms_7.3_22, Forms_7.3_23, Forms_7.3_24, Forms_7.3_25
As Power User, I want to edit existing entries of a Form, so that I can keep my Forms data updated.
One of the feature gaps that Liferay Forms have is the lack of capability to edit existing submissions on a form. This is particularly useful in two scenarios:
- A user submitted some mistaken information and requested the Form creator/admin to correct it.
- A user submitted an entry for approval (Workflow) that got reject and the user now needs to edit and adjust the entry according to the reviewer's feedback.
That being said, Liferay Forms Portlet should be enhanced to allow:
- Include an option to "Edit" in the details screen of a Form entry;
- The details view should open disabled for edition and only after the user clicks on the "Edit" button, the screen should enter on "Edition mode" and allow the user to update the entry data and save it.
- Include an option to "Edit" in the Kebab menu of an entry in the "View Entries" screen;
- This action should lead to the edit screen of the entry with edition mode enabled.
- Include an option to edit a submission in the Workflow Task details screen, in this case, the form entry submission.
1- Given that a user has permission to edit a Form entry,
when the user clicks on the "Edit" button of the details screen of a Form entry,
then the screen should enter edition mode and enable the user to update the answers of the entry.
2- Given that a user has permission to edit a Form entry,
when the user clicks on the "Edit" option of the Kebab menu of an entry in the "View Entries" screen of a Form,
then the system should open the details view of the entry with edition mode enabled and allow the user to update the answers of the entry
3- Given that a user has submitted a Form entry for approval in a Workflow,
when the assignee user clicks in the "Edit" button in Workflow Task details screen, in this case, the form entry submission,
then the system should open the details view of the entry with edition mode enabled and allow the user to update the answers of the entry.
- After updating the entry, the user should be allowed to resubmit the entry in the Workflow with the modifications made.
4- Given that a user is updating data of a Form entry,
when the user clicks in the "Save" button,
then the system should update the entry data with the changes made by the user.
- After the save, the system should redirect the user back to the View Entries screen of the Form.
5- Given that a user is updating data of a Form entry,
when the user clicks in the "Cancel" button,
then the system should cancel the edition mode and discard any of the modifications made by the user.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Verify if the test labels were added;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (if applicable)
|[PM] Acceptance Criteria||LPS-109499||Closed|
|[BE] Form instance record edit button||LPS-109799||Closed|
|[QA] Design Test cases||LPS-113362||Closed|
|[QA] Manual Test - Round 1||LPS-113458||Closed|
|User can not edit a a Form entry rejected by a reviewer||LPS-113713||Closed|
|Admin has no feedback that he cannot edit a Form if the Form is not assigned to him.||LPS-113761||Closed|
|[QA] Manual Test - Round 2||LPS-113840||Closed|