Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Documents & Media
Existing subscriptions to Documents are not upgraded when upgrading from 7.0 to 7.2. This is a high priority issue for the customer as they are preparing to upgrade their production database this Friday, Feb. 28th.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Startup a DXP 7.0 instance.
2. Go to Control Panel > Content > Documents and Media.
3. Add a document.
4. Click on the document title, subscribe to that document.
5. Look at the database subscriptions to verify, the subscriptions are added. Check the classNameID against the subscription - 20011(mine)
6. Look at the className table for id = 20011: com.liferay.document.library.kernel.model.DLFileEntry
7. Stop Liferay and upgrade the database to Master
8. After the upgrade, check the database again for subscription value. Note that it is still the same.
9. Follow steps 2-6 again:
1. Add a document
2. Click on the document title, subscribe to that document
3. Look at the database subscriptions to verify, the subscriptions are added. Check the classNameID against the subscription
4. Look at the className table for that id = in my case = 31808
10. Check the database for the new subscriptions: After Upgrading to Master, the className against for new subscriptions is com.liferay.message.boards.model.MBDiscussion_com.liferay.document.library.kernel.model.DLFileEntry (Master) as opposed to com.liferay.document.library.kernel.model.DLFileEntry in 7.0.
1. The className for the old subscription (subscriptions in 7.0) should have updated to the new className Id.
2. Open one of the old documents that you subscribed to in 7.0; you should still be subscribed to the document.
1. ClassName is not upgraded.
2. Open one of the old documents that you subscribed to in 7.0; you are not subscribed to it anymore.
Reason: The SubscriptionServices are not able to identify the old subscriptions since services are using the new className to find them, but the className associated with the old subscriptions is not upgraded in the db for old subscriptions.
* Please see Zendesk Support tab for further comments and attachments.