We're currently working on reducing the time it takes to build our software. One current improvement focus is the amount of JVMs that get forked during an ant all invocation.
During the build process, every module that contains a Soy file forks an additional jvm to compile it. The mid-term plan is to update all soy-based components to react-based and get rid of that need.
The ImageEditor App is currently responsible for at least 8 soy compilation processes.
The goal of this epic is to reduce compilation time as much as possible by collapsing/demodularizing the application so soy compilation is done in as few steps as possible
Some identified risks of this epic are:
- Customers might be adding their own ImageEditor capabilities
- Support for this should be maintained
- Customers might be relying on the existing modularity to disable some features which might get lost in the process
- We think this is unlikely so we're okay with it
- When running ant all, the number of soy-compilation created jvms is not bigger than 2