Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: ~ [Archived] Sites Management
- Start a Vanilla DXP 7.1 (FP-15)
- Create a "Test" Site
- Create a new page "Home"
- Access the home page, note that verything works properly
- Deactivate the site in Site Settings
- Try to access the site again -> you will get a white non customizable 404 Page cannot be found (Existing INACTIVE site.PNG)
- Try to access a RANDOM nonexistent site like web/randomsite (Nonexistent site.PNG)
- Observe that you get a nice, styled 404 error message, which implies that the site couldn't be found
For some reason, the nonexistent pages are being handled differently. This white 404 default error cannot be either styled nor handled. This behaviour is not consistent.
There was a previous attempt to fix this issue: LPS-84414, but it produced
LPS-84695 as regression. This solution does not have this regression.