Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Staging > Export/Import
This is a perceived bug by some customers. They need "Replicate Individual Deletions" and "Publish Permissions" staging options to be enabled by default:
- Their use case is to always publish deletions and permission changes from staging to live.
- So their user has to always manually check both checkboxes before publishing
- Their concern is in case their user forgets to check them one time, it is very difficult to notice the error and fix it.
My proposal is to make default checkbox values configurable from System Settings.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to System Settings
- Search "Export/import" settings
- Check both "Replicate Individual Deletions" and "Publish Permissions" settings
- Create a site
- Add two webcontent
- Activate staging
- Go to staging environment
- Delete one of the webcontents
- In left menu go to Publish => Staging
- Create a staging publish operation: verify "Replicate Individual Deletions" is enabled by default (as it was configured in System settings)
- Publish to Live
- Go to Live environment and verify that one of the webcontent was deleted
: "Replicate Individual Deletions" is enabled by default and deletion is replicated to Live automatically
: "Replicate Individual Deletions" is not enabled by default and deletion is not replicated to Live