Affects Version/s: Master
Component/s: Documents & Media
When using the Advanced File System Store, documents uploaded to Documents and Media cannot be moved from their original location, as it fails with a UI error.
1. Add a file in [Liferay_Home]/osgi/configs titled com.liferay.portal.store.file.system.configuration.AdvancedFileSystemStoreConfiguration.config with the following content:
2. Add a portal-ext.properties file with the following content:
3. Either start with a clean bundle or clear out all four Application Server caches, then launch the bundle.
4. Navigate to [Site_Administration] > Documents and Media, then to the root directory add both a new folder "Test Folder" and upload an image
[Note: at this point you can check the logs and the file system -- there shouldn't be any errors, and the file system should include the image within the data\document_library_test\[directory ID] ]
5. Attempt to move the uploaded image (via ⠇ > Move) to the Test Folder
Expected Result: The image would move to the Test Folder
Actual Result: The image is not moved to the Test Folder (remaining in its original location), and a UI error is encountered
No errors in the logs, but the UI displays a “Error:Your request failed to complete.” The move operation does not complete.
If using the debugger, the URL can be observed to be something similar to:
which will return a FileNotFoundException (that does not appear in console/terminal).
Note: I also tested on a Branch hash from a bundle I downloaded about a week ago (54342930235c00a8a33485edfb2683ee5c08d149), and I did not reproduce the unexpected behavior there either.
* Please see Zendesk Support tab for further comments and attachments.