As an App Admin, I want to deploy an App with multiple workflow steps and one same Form View
One of the main values provided by the App Builder is the automation of business operations. Once the creation of Standard Apps aren't well driven for this use case, we decided that we should offer a separate and special experience for users that wants to create Apps to automate a business process, in way that we can leverage on the Apps tools that we have (Data Objects, Form and Table Views) and enhance it with Workflow capabilities.
The result is what we are calling "Workflow Powered Apps". A special type of App with an intuitive interface that can create Apps integrated to a Workflow, making any data gathered from Form Views flow through different steps of a process to be reviewed or even complemented with more information.
In the scope of this Story, we want allow users to create an Workflow App that can make information of an Object navigate though steps of a simple linear Workflow using one same Form View to handle the data.
In this Story's scope, users should be able to:
- Create/add one or more steps in the Workflow Process of the App (always linear);
- Define the name of the additional steps;
- Define the assignees of the additional steps;
- Name the transition to the following and previously steps of the additional steps;
- View, Edit and submit information on the deployed App that has a unique Form View and several steps.
1- Given that a user entered the Workflow Powered App creation experience
when the user clicks in the "+" button that appear in the Workflow Process canvas,
then the system add a new step in the linear Workflow Process and allow the user to configure it.
- The step should be placed in the same place that the "+" appeared, between the "End-step" and the last added step (that can be the start step if no step was added yet);
2- Given that a user successfully achieved the scenario the of the Acceptance Criteria 1,
when the user selects the newly added Step;
then the user should be able to name the selected step.
- This steps should be treated as "tasks" node-type in the Workflow Engine.
3- Given that a user successfully achieved the scenario the of the Acceptance Criteria 1,
when the user selects the newly added Step;
then the user should be able to define the assignees of the selected step.
4- Given that a user successfully achieved the scenario the of the Acceptance Criteria 1,
when the user selects the newly added Step,
then the system should not display the "Data and View" option for that step.
- This Form View selected in the Start-Step should be used on all steps of the Workflow App.
5- Given that a user successfully achieved the scenario the of the Acceptance Criteria 1,
when the user selects the newly added Step and clicks in "Actions",
then the system should display the actions to transition to the next and previous step and allow the user to name them.
- Those names should be displayed converted to transitions in the Workflow Engine and show this name as the Button's label and transition option when a instance enters this step.
6- Given that a user published a Workflow App having only several additional steps
when a user enters the App and successfully submits a new record,
then the data submitted should be transitioned to the created steps accordingly to what was configured by the user in the Workflow App Builder.
Definition of Done (DoD):
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Verify if the test labels were added;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (If applicable)
- Testing discovered
LPS-117213 "Select Assignees" string is different from Mockup
LPS-117217 Workflow App and its entries still remain on "Metrics", "Submissions" and "My Workflow Tasks" pages when the App is deleted
LPS-117219 When changing the "Main Data Object", the "Form" and "Table" view fields are not updated as an empty state for any step and making possible to create the Workflow App with an Object using "Form" and "Table" views from another object
LPS-117220 The loading icon when editing a Workflow App is not centralized
LPS-117221 Layout issues when "Step", "Action", "Role" and "Assignee" names are too long
LPS-117707 Workflow App creation page crashes after clicking on the "End" step when inside the "Actions" settings from another step when editing a Workflow App
- links to