Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
If we create a Web Content article with the Review Date: 03/24/2020 - 08:00 and then Publish, at 08:15 it would be picked up by the Check Interval setting. Before 08:15 comes, if we change the Review Date to 03/24/2020 - 08:45, the user still receives email notification for the original 08:15 configuration.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Add a portal-ext.properties file with these settings :
3. Configure a SMTP outbound email server.
4. Start Liferay DXP > Sign in .
5. Server Administration > Mail > Configure outbound SMTP settings to connect to your SMTP outbound email server.
6. Go to Server Administration > Log Levels and add the following logging categories - set all 3 to DEBUG:
7. Lower the Check Interval timing.
Control Panel > Configuration > System Settings > Web Content > Check Interval [1 minutes]
8. Create a Basic Web Content item called "Test".
9. Set a Review Date that is 2 min in the future then Publish. Quickly change the Review Date to 1 year in the future (2021) and Publish again. (In the real world, the user has made a mistake and needs to fix the Review Date.) Wait 2-3 minutes .
A review notification email would now only be received in 1 years' time
Email is still received as per the Review Date when the article was first published
Please note that the Review Date default is DECEMBER 2020, please change to the current month when configuring.
If you're restarting the portal, make sure to re-add the logging categories mentioned in step 6.