As an App Admin, I want to deploy a Workflow App with just Starting and Ending steps.
One of the main values provided by the App Builder is the automation of business operations. Once the creation of Standard Apps aren't well driven for this use case, we decided that we should offer a separate and special experience for users that wants to create Apps to automate a business process, in way that we can leverage on the Apps tools that we have (Data Objects, Form and Table Views) and enhance it with Workflow capabilities.
The result is what we are calling "Workflow Powered Apps". A special type of App with an intuitive interface that can create Apps integrated to a Workflow, making any data gathered from Form Views flow through different steps of a process to be reviewed or even complemented with more information.
In the scope of this Story, we want the feature to create the simplest App possible, with just an existing Object, Form, Table and a simple Workflow, with just start and end steps.
In this Story's scope, users should be able to:
- Define the name of the Start-Type step;
- Define the name of the End-Type step;
- Configure the Main Object, Form View and Table View for the Start step;
- Deploy the Workflow Powered App with a two-steps workflow (Start and End).
1- Given that a user wants to create an App to automate a business process,
when the user enters the Workflow Powered App creation experience,
then the system should provide the configuration of a two-steps Workflow in the App creation.
- The first step must be a Start-type node;
- The final step must be an End-type node.
2- Given that a user successfully configured all the required configs of the Workflow App Creation,
when the user deploys the Workflow App,
then the system should create a new Workflow Process according to the Users configurations and attach it to the new App created.
- At this moment, the Workflow Process created through the App Builder creation experience should not appear in the Workflow Builder portlet (this shall change when the
3- Given that the user has set a name for the Start-step of the Workflow App,
when the user deploys the Workflow Powered App,
then the first status of the entries submitted in the App should have the name configure in the Start node of the App.
- The name of the Start-step must be a required field.
4- Given that the user has set a name for the End-step of the Workflow App,
when the user deploys the Workflow Powered App,
then the final status of the entries submitted in the App should have the name configure in the End-step of the App.
- The name of the End-step must be a required field.
5- Given that a user has configured a Form View for the Start-step of the Workflow App and successfully published the App,
when a user enters the running App and clicks in the "+" button of the Table View to submit a new entry;
then the Form displayed for the user should be the same Form View configured in the Start-step of the App creation.
6- Given that a user has configured a Table View for the Start-step of the Workflow App and successfully published the App,
when a user enters the running App;
then the Table listing the entries of the running App should be the same that the user configured in the Start-step of the App creation.
7- Given that a user published a Workflow App having only the Start and End steps,
when a user enters the App and successfully submits a new record,
then the system should automatically transition the new record from the Start-step to the End-step.
Definition of Done (DoD):
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Verify if the test labels were added;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (If applicable)
- Testing discovered
LPS-116371 Pagination number is briefly displaying "1 of 0" when switching between entries on Details View
LPS-116389 Layout problem on the Workflow App creation screen on IE11
LPS-116485 Broken Workflow App is created when an error happens on the workflow side
LPS-116486 It's not possible to create a Workflow App with "Start" and "End" steps name containing special or Non-English characters without crashing it
LPS-116488 "Data and Views" information is only displayed when clicking on the "Data and Views" button after opening a created Workflow App
LPS-116489 Layout issue when adding/viewing an App entry on Safari
LPS-116490 Sometimes an error is displayed and all entries disappear (until the page is refreshed) when deleting a Workflow App's entry through Details View
- links to