So we have https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-101984 ("Update Modal Patterns to match Lexicon Definition") which is about updating our modal patterns and APIs to be AUI-free and consistent with Lexicon.
In auditing the current status of all our migration work (ie. https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-113507 — "Provide overview or status of dependencies on AUI modules") I am preparing this spreadsheet which, among other things, goes through all of "liferay/util.js" in frontend-js-aui-web and indicates the status (eg. migrated, deprecated, planned etc) for everything in that module.
At the time of writing, I think everything that is still pending there is either covered by the epic
LPS-101984 that I linked above, or one of these:
- https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-101986 ("Modernization of form utilities")
- https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-113522 ("Modernize or deprecate remaining AUI utilities")
Everything else looks a bit modal-ish, based on my cursory inspection:
- openDocument via Liferay.Provide
- selectEntityHandler via Liferay.Provide
- editEntity via Liferay.Provide
- selectEntity via Liferay.Provide — covered by: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-112298
I think these will be covered by
LPS-101984, and if they are not, we will have to address them sooner or later in order to complete the migration, so I am creating this task. Purpose: