Purpose of this task is to contribute to our goal of removing our dependency on AUI/YUI from liferay portal — ie. https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-98564 ("Remove AUI / YUI from Liferay Portal"), and specifically, finish this epic: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-113522 ("Modernize or deprecate remaining AUI utilities"), which means removing our dependency on anything in the "liferay/util.js" module of frontend-js-aui-web that is not already covered by other existing epics.
Other epics are:
- https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-101986 ("Modernization of form utilities"); and:
- https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-101984 ("Update Modal Patterns to match Lexicon Definition").
The concrete task, then, is:
- Double-check the item to confirm that it doesn't actually fit better in one of the existing open epics (mentioned above).
- Analyze the code's purpose and usage to determine the correct course of action: eg. deprecating (if it is no longer used), or migrating somewhere else. Remember that our goals here are two-fold: to remove all dependency on AUI (see https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-98564 — "Remove AUI / YUI from Liferay Portal") so that we can turn off frontend-js-aui-web by default, and for any functionality that needs to live on, we want it ported into a "modernized" format (ie. remove dependency on legacy APIs and libraries, pay off technical debt etc).
- Actually make the necessary changes.